I’ll be honest. I didn’t used to love my job. In fact, it was my unhappiness at my previous job that prompted me to start my own photography business.
Now I can honestly say I love my job. Without hesitation.
10 Reasons I love my job
1. I get to work everywhere and anywhere, whether it’s from home, on location while photographing, or from a coffee shop. Or you know, France or something.
2. I am not a morning person, and my job allows me to set my own hours. While I do get myself out of bed by 8:00am most weekdays, I love that I don’t have to sit in traffic to get to the office.
3. I love being able to take a day (or several) off to attend to family, friends, or other events…like vacation!
4. I can work in my pajamas if I choose. Or, most often in yoga pants and a tank top. That’s my kind of business casual.
5. Getting to know my clients and building the relationship with them over the course of time leading up to their wedding day. I love being able to be much more than just another “vendor”. My clients invest with me, and I love investing in them.
6. I love being able to create photographs that people will cherish forever. I get to play a small role in recording memories. I know that my work is meaningful.
7. I get to share my craft through volunteering, photographing events for my church.
8. I get to photograph people in love. I get to photograph pretty things. I get to hang out with people who are happy. I get to work with people who are excited about marriage!
9. I believe whole-heartedly in marriage and I love that I get to play a part in two people becoming one, committing to each other for life. Getting to witness a marriage is an absolute honor!
10. I get to do what I love, I get to blaze my own trail, and can honestly say I love my job!
Download your own Confucius quote. Feel free to share, pin, or print! I just ask for a link back to this post. Thanks!
Why do you love your job?