In case you didn’t get the memo, or are like me and don’t believe your eyes, September starts tomorrow. I know. WHAT?!
When I was a little kid, I used to think that the year started in September. You know, because you start the school in September. Makes sense, right? Well, I guess the year starts tomorrow. Or at least the end of summer, although summer is officially over on September 21.
It’s been a good summer. Ridiculous heat and 40 days of over 100 degree weather aside, summer was pretty awesome.
1. Crazy Stupid Love is my summer movie pick that I didn’t know I’d like. From the previews I thought that it would be your average romantic comedy. But it’s so much more. MUCH more. And well, Ryan Gosling’s abs don’t hurt.
2. We finally went to Tillman’s Roadhouse for Restaurant week and I can’t wait to go back. So delicious. My parents and sister come into town next week, so we may just HAVE to go again!
3. This summer we celebrated our second wedding anniversary with a little weekend getaway to San Antonio, which included a day at Sea World. I had never been before, and there’s a water park within the amusement park, double win! Also, it was only 95 degrees in San Antonio and felt like 80. For mid July, it was so nice.
4. While in San Antonio, several of our friends recommended Mi Tierra for dinner. So we obliged, and the recommendation was spot on. Not to mention that the $1 churros were amazing!
5. So I had heard about The Help for the last couple years, but I didn’t pick it up until this Spring. I finally dove into it this summer and I don’t know why I waited so long! It was such a good book. I think I was extra motivated since the movie came out and I’m one of those people who likes to read the book before seeing the movie. And I can honestly say that the movie was so so so good too.
6. Okay, so I’m biased because we’re blood. But even if we weren’t cousins, I’d probably still blog about this album. My cousin, Mercy Bell, released her first in-studio album All Good Cowboys a few weeks ago. It started as a dream, then a Kickstarter project (thank you for your contributions!), and now it’s finally here. I’m so proud of her. Next thing you know she’ll be opening for someone big. And then her name will be in lights. You can purchase the album here as well as on iTunes.
Since it’s the last day of August, how was your summer? Do anything fun?