You know what’s exciting? We’re this close to getting our house!
You know what’s annoying? All this rain we’ve been having in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It’s been slowing down the process of closing.
There are so many ups and downs that you go through when buying your first house. The excitement of house hunting. The ups of imagining how you’ll decorate your new home. The downs of your offer getting rejected. The ups of the seller accepting your offer. The downs of less than positive house inspection results. And on and on and on. The whirlwind ride of signing papers and what feels like your entire life away. Seriously.
If you’re in this junction of life, here’s my advice:
- Watch HGTV‘s shows on real estate. You can learn SO much from other people’s experience.
- Do your research on where you want to live, so you know where to start.
- Get pre-approved. This is different from pre-qualified.
- Keep an open mind. Don’t let weird paint colors through you off.
- Don’t get discouraged if your first offer isn’t accepted. There are lots of houses out there!
- Hire a thorough home inspector. It’s better to find everything you may need to fix than discover it later.
- Be patient. It’s a long ride.
- Get excited! You’ll soon be a homeowner.
We should be closing soon. Please pray/send dry weather thoughts/happy vibes our way!
I think I’m most excited about setting up my office!
Check out Weddingbee founder, Bee Kim’s, cute workspace:
Photo from Weddingbee Pro