Continuing on with the 10 Day Blog Challenge…
Seven things that cross my mind a lot
1. I am thankful. For everything. My husband, my family, my life, my house, my dog, and our home, and everything in between.
2. I’m able to do what I love. I really do. I never thought that I’d be able to call my passion my job, too. But I do! And I’m thankful for that. I know that not everyone is able to say this, so it makes me so grateful every single day.
3. I am an adult. I guess that’s what crosses your mind when you’re technically an adult, but still sometimes feel like a kid. I mean, it’s been a long while since I’ve lived at home with my parents, but part of me never thought I’d be here, married, with a house, and a dog. And sometime in the future, kids!
4. Don’t worry about what others think. I know this crosses my mind a lot. I don’t know when it started, in junior high or high school, but I used to get so wrapped up in what other people thought about me. I wanted to please them and make them like me. But I’ve learned over time that it’s okay if someone doesn’t like me, and it’s okay if I don’t like them. As long as we are kind and civil with each other, everything will be alright.
5. It’s okay to do your own thing. If you’re ever teetering on the edge of wondering if you should strike out on your own because working in a conventional setting just doesn’t work for you, I highly recommend reading Chris Guillebeau’s blog and books. I mean his blog and first book are called The Art of Non-Conformity and his newest book is The $100 Startup. Some days I can’t believe I’m doing my own thing, and it’s definitely not easy, but it’s totally worth it.
6. How can I get to live in France again, even for just a month? I think this crosses my mind on a weekly basis. I think it crosses my mom’s mind on a daily basis. There’s just something about France that I’ll always be in love with. I wish Americans had just as much vacation time as they did (of course, not trying to spur an economic debate or anything!) I’ve been perusing AirBnB.com lately just looking at what’s available and dreaming up a trip. Cent’s never been and I’m due back for a trip!
7. How do I want our life to look in 5, 10, 15 years etc? I think about the future a lot. And I wonder where we will be, what we’ll be doing, and how I’d like it to look. I’m a huge believe in casting a vision for life, business, etc and thinking about the future, and rolling with what comes your way is paramount. I love using Pinterest for vision casting.
And of course, because posts are better with photos, here is something I’m working on! Hello 7pm light!
See previous Challenge Posts:
10 Reasons I love my job
9 Things about Myself
8 Ways to win my heart