Where did January go? Weren’t we just ringing into 2012? Yeah. It went by fast for me. I had some favorite moments this month, here are a few.
1. I don’t know what too me SO LONG, but I finally ate at Oddfellows in Dallas. Actually, twice this month. Many thanks to Sara & Rocky Garza for suggesting we go to lunch there. I had the Mac & Cheese, which was voted the Best Mac & Cheese in Dallas in 2011. I wholeheartedly agree. This past week, I had the Fried Green Tomato sandwich and it was amazing, too.
2. Spending time with the Photo Ladies. For the last few months, I’ve gotten together with some photographer friends. We share food, life, and business. It’s great to have friends to chat with, who understand what it’s like.
3. I made it a point that this month, I would connect with new friends and online friends. It’s easy to meet people at a networking event, but I believe it’s important to connect again one on one. And It’s super easy to have online Facebook friends, but it’s a whole other thing to get to know them for real. I loved getting to know them better, and I even got a chance to meet Eugene & Heather who were in town from Nashville, who until last week were only friends online..
4. At the beginning of the month, there was the first Global Share group and a handful of photographers came over to my house to hang out and virtually chat with groups from around the country. Although, we totally failed to take a group photo. D’oh.
5. Reading The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. I just finished this book the other night and it was a great book. It’s a pretty quick read, and really gets you thinking about what’s keeping you from your creative breakthroughs. What is holding you back, what you can do to push through it.
Powered by Facebook Comments