It all started with a friendly conversation. He introduced himself and we shook hands. I recognized his name and thought, “Oh cool, I’m meeting So-and-So.” I smiled and nodded as he told me about his business, and I totally thought I knew who he was. I said a few words about what I did. And then, I mentioned that I had worked with one of his employees before and that he was great. He thanked me and we moved on.
Then last week, I received an email informing me of an upcoming networking event and there was a photo of So-and-So. It was the guy that I had spoken to months ago. I read his business name. And I quickly realized that he was someone totally different than I thought he was. Granted, I doubt he remembers our conversation, but I felt so awkward that I thought he was someone else. OOPS!
Have you ever been in that situation? Where you think you know who someone is and then mention an event, and it’s totally not the right person? Yeah. That happened to me.
And so I present a new blog series. Of chronicling the awkward and the awesome. Because life has a whole lot of both. Especially mine.
– People with similar business names, and mistaken identity. And then getting mixed up and mentioning something to the wrong person. Oops.
– Getting startled/scared by Cent walking down the hall. Then me trying to karate chop him in defense. (Thankful there’s no video.)
– Tripping UP the stairs. Sadly, I’ve done this more than a handful of times.
– Ripping a hole in your jeans. In a place that is neither stylish nor trendy.
– Tonight is date night! My favorite part of the week.
– Finding this scones recipe. It looks amazing. I think I’m going to try it out.
– Jasmine Star is coming to Dallas! Check out The Fix.
– Regardless of your views, this video is worth a watch.
Feel free to leave your awkward & awesome stories in the comments!
Have a great weekend!
Powered by Facebook Comments