January is always the month when goals come up in conversation all the time. It’s the beginning of the year, time for a fresh start, and time for old goals to be revisited and new goals to be established. I think I’m a pretty good goal setter, but I don’t know that I’m the best at accomplishing all that I set out to do.
Last week I shared a few goals that I had for the month of January. But today, I want to lay out some goals for the year. So that in December, I can revisit this list and see all that I accomplished in 2012, as well as what I didn’t accomplish, which can help create a new list for next year.
While I love to blog, I’m also a super private person, and I don’t generally like to share goals, for fear that if I don’t accomplish them, I will have to face my failures. However, I decided that this year, I’d lay out my goals, to see how far I’ve come, and celebrate the wins.
– Book 12 weddings
– Book an international wedding or photoshoot. Anyone getting hitched in Paris?
– Connect with wedding vendors (1-on-1) at least twice a month
– Connect with fellow photographers (1-on-1) at least twice a month
– Visit two venues a month to get to know more locations
– Host 3 Shootouts in 2012
– Plan, style, and shoot 3 styled shoots that reflect my aesthetic
– Brand refresh…it’s coming
– Add video posts to the blog
– Add short intro video to website
– Be a better wife, daughter, and sister
– Be honest and authentic online and offline, always
– Call long-distance friends once a month to catch up (usually it’s many months between catch up calls)
– Personal photo project
– Tame clutter in the house by taking 10 minutes a day to throw out junk mail, old papers, etc.
– Create a Life List – an alternative to a “bucket list”
– Lose 30lbs in 2012 – I lost 14lbs in 2011, and I’m that much closer to my goal!
What are some of your 2012 goals?
Powered by Facebook Comments