When we were planning our wedding, I didn’t think I need a wedding coordinator or could afford one. Since we were paying for most of the wedding ourselves, I wanted to do as much as possible on my own. However, as the day grew closer (and we were engaged for 16 months!) I knew that I needed to enlist some help. If not for the rest of the planning, at least for the final month and to run the wedding day. So we did. A few months before the wedding, I hired a coordinator to finalize details and run the timeline.
BEST. MONEY. EVER. SPENT.
Since we had a coordinator taking care of things, we could take fun photos like the one above without a worry.
I’ve seen many a bride with a worry-stricken face. They are running the details around in their mind, thinking about vendor deliveries, trying not to stress, and the realization of getting married. These brides didn’t have a coordinator. I truly believe that a wedding coordinator is one of the best investments you can make in your wedding so that you can enjoy your wedding day. And so can your close family and friends.
5 Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Coordinator
1. Let’s talk budget. A wedding coordinator will walk you through planning your budget and help you figure out realistic numbers depending on your wedding location. A wedding in a big city will typically be more expensive than one in the country, but the country wedding may require all sorts of rentals (chairs, tables, linens, etc) to make it work. A wedding coordinator will help you to work with your budget and stay within your parameters. They’ll also let you know if what you want can or cannot happen with the money you can spend.
2. Thinking of a theme for your wedding? Do you know how you will execute it? A wedding coordinator, especially those that also have a knack for design, can help you pull together the details for a wedding of your dreams. It’s easy to dream up an amazing wedding with photos you pull from the Internet. It’s a whole other beast to make it come to life. Wedding coordinators have the resources to help you bring your wedding ideas to life, especially if you are feeling stuck. (Note: Not all coordinators are designers. Not all designers are coordinators.)
3. Wedding Coordinators have great resources for vendors. If you are in the early or late planning stages and need to find a vendor who is reliable, professional, and does awesome work, a wedding coordinator will be your resource. Also, a wedding coordinator acts as your resource for etiquette questions when it comes to sending out invitations, receiving RSVPs, and any other wedding related questions.
4. They can plan it for you. If the idea of planning a wedding sounds completely overwhelming or makes you want to run in the other direction, a wedding coordinator is definitely the way to go. Most wedding coordinators offer full planning. They will walk with you the entire planning process, from choosing the venue, to tasting the cake, and through all the little details of wedding planning.
5. You don’t have to worry about a thing. A good, experienced wedding coordinator will take care of everything for you. From confirming vendors, coordinating the timeline with your other vendors, and making sure the day runs smoothly. When we were getting married, I realized I didn’t want to be in charge on the day of. Even my most control freak tendencies did not want that responsibility. And from my perspective as a photographer, I LOVE weddings that work with great wedding coordinators. It makes my job easier, as they become my resource for questions and syncing up the timing of the day.
If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and looking for a wedding coordinator, I recommend the following vendors:
A new series I’m participating in: Thursday Tips! Check out these posts for photography advice and be sure to visit Lauren at Every Last Detail, Jenna & Elizabeth at Little Bit Heart, Becky at Bowties and Bliss, Lauren at Love Milk and Honey, Mel at The Oceanside Bride, Colleen at Soundtrack To I Do, Shay Cochrane Photography, and Stremel Photography for more great wedding planning tips + more.
- Share this with brides you know!
- Subscribe to our new monthly e-zine: tips from the best in the industry on creating a stress-free wedding that honors your relationship and, most importantly, building a lasting wonderful marriage. Leave a comment below or click here to sign up.
- See more inside scoop with other posts on wedding advice for brides & grooms here.
Powered by Facebook Comments