WEDDING

Nikki & Blake: Wedding Part 1

04.06.2011

If there was one thing she wasn’t worried about, it was the weather. Amongst the myriad of things she had to think about leading up to her wedding, Nikki didn’t worry about the weather. She just knew that she was ready to get married. She was ready to call Blake her husband.

It was a beautiful Spring day, with the sun shining brightly and a light breeze, making it a gorgeous day in Texas. Surrounded by their family and friends, Nikki and Blake created a wedding at the 1899 Farmhouse in Princeton (northeast of Dallas) that truly reflected their relationship. From the infusion of Superman details to the rosary that was wrapped around Nikki’s bouquet, to awesome shoes, to the handmade centerpieces,  this wedding was true to their fun personalities. They married under a gorgeous arbor, as they promised their lives to each other, their faces beaming with love. It’s clear to me that they are a perfect match.

Nikki and Blake…I can’t begin to thank you for simply being you. Your wedding was perfect and I loved every minute of it! There were times when I wanted to reach out and squeeze you for making me fall more in love with what I do. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your love story…it’s an honor I cherish.

1899 Farmhouse Wedding Venue with Bouquet

I loved Nikki’s choice of shoes! My kind of bride!

Converse All Stars for Bride Superman Wedding Garter
Lace Wedding Dress Gown
Bride getting ready at 1899 Farmhouse
Bride getting ready at 1899 Farmhouse

I don’t typically photograph the groom’s shoes, but these were truly awesome! Blake, you’ve got some great style!

Grooms vintage wedding shoes
Bride and Groom Wedding Rings Titanium
Groom in Linen Suit

I was psyched that Nikki and Blake opted for a First Look. I set Blake up on the amazing wrap around porch of the 1899 Farmhouse.

1899 Farmhouse First Look Wedding Photos
1899 Farmhouse First Look Wedding Photos

After the First Look we wandered around the property for some bridal portraits.

1899 Farmhouse Bride Groom Wedding Photos

From fierce to fun in 2.5 seconds.

1899 Farmhouse Bride Groom Wedding Photos
1899 Farmhouse Bride Groom Wedding Photos
1899 Farmhouse Bride Groom Wedding Photos
Nikki and Blake, y’all just made my job SO FUN!

1899 Farmhouse Wedding Ceremony Location

Lisa of Coco Fleur Events did a FANTASTIC job with the ceremony site. In fact, she and her team built the arbor that Nikki and Blake stood under as they took their vows.

1899 Farmhouse Wedding Ceremony Location
1899 Farmhouse Wedding Ceremony Location
Father walking Bride down the aisle wedding photo
Bride and Groom Ceremony
Bride and Groom First Kiss
1899 Farmhouse Recessional Catie Ronquillo PHotography

And because their wedding had SO many awesome details, I’ll be blogging a second post! Here’s a sneak peek of their reception…

1899 Farmhouse Reception Space Coco Fleur Events Floral

Stay tuned for Part II of Nikki & Blake’s amazing 1899 Farmhouse Wedding!

Venue: 1899 Farmhouse
Floral Design: Coco Fleur Events
Catering: Spotlight Catering
DJ: Tiny Tunes Entertainment
Photobooth: VIP Booths

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Nikki Miller 04.06.2011 at 6:07 pm

Catie, it was an honor and a pleasure to have you and Amy BOTH at our wedding!! It was a perfect day with all the right people helping us, and from just the few photos we’ve seen you have captured the true spirit of our wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you…and we can’t wait to see the rest!!

• Reply Nikki Miller 04.06.2011 at 6:12 pm

Catie, we can’t thank you enough for capturing the day so beautifully! It was so great to have both you and Amy there. I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures…we’re going to have a had time choosing, that’s for sure!!!!

• Reply Sean Hennessey 04.06.2011 at 6:43 pm

Beautiful pictures for a beautiful couple. Congratulations on everything. Great additions for each respective family. Just keep making each other happy and work through the inevitable rough spots. It is work, but it is a labor of love. You have an amazing story to write together.

Best wishes,

Sean

• Reply Heidi 04.06.2011 at 7:35 pm

Blake and Nikki look like an advertisement for love! The pictures are fabulous.

• Reply Karyn 04.06.2011 at 7:49 pm

Amazing! So sweet!

• Reply Jentry Aileen 04.06.2011 at 8:15 pm

So beautiful – and OMG – that dress!!! Gorgeous!

• Reply Beth Andoga 04.06.2011 at 8:31 pm

I can’t wait to see ALL the pictures!

• Reply Kathy Miller 04.06.2011 at 8:52 pm

Catie,
    These pictures are fantastic. Thank you for your time & talent in making Blake & Nikki’s wedding such a memorable event. I can’t wait to see the rest!

We were very impressed with you & your team. Thank you, thank you.

Kathy & Pat

• Reply Blake Miller 04.06.2011 at 8:57 pm

Catie –

Thanks for taking such wonderful pictures! They look absolutely amazing! I’m glad you had as much fun as we did at the wedding. :)

I’m also glad everyone liked Nikki’s shoes…maybe I have a future in shoe design… 😀

• Reply rick starkweather 04.06.2011 at 10:51 pm

What an honor and joy to be apart of this whole process. True love indeed!

• Reply Marla 04.07.2011 at 6:39 am

Beautiful Day..Beautiful Couple..Beautiful Wedding..Beautiful Reception..Beautiful Photos!!!

• Reply Kelly Bradford 04.07.2011 at 6:57 am

The pictures are beautiful…just like the two of you!
    Love you both,
    Aunt Kelly

• Reply Cindy Mills 04.07.2011 at 9:35 am

What a cool location! Can’t wait to see the reception details.

• Reply Laura Sutherland 04.07.2011 at 1:45 pm

What a fabulous wedding. I have officiated lots of them, but Nikki & Blake’s ranks up near the very top. It is such an honor to be asked to perform such a sacred ceremony by FRIENDS! Catie, you did an awesome job of capturing Nikki and Blake’s true essence. All the photos are really primo. Well done!

• Reply Lissa McCarthy 04.07.2011 at 5:12 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful wedding of two beautiful people on a beautiful day!

• Reply Lauren @ ELD 04.07.2011 at 6:07 pm

Um, hello gorgeous dress!!! Can’t wait for the details! :)

• Reply Ashley Salzman 04.07.2011 at 10:17 pm

Nikki & Blake – In my opinion, a unique wedding is the best possible kind! (Maybe I’m biased because of my wedding, lol, but people will remember the originality you put into your day–I certainly will!) Loved how your personalities were reflected in even the smallest of details…. What a memorable day for you two!

Catie – You have a true talent for bringing an enchanting evening to life through photographs…and I’ve only seen the sneak peak!
    —-

I can’t wait to see all the pictures! Love to the newlyweds from Pittsburgh!!!! =)

• Reply Ken Sutherland 04.09.2011 at 12:39 pm

An amazing day beautifully captured on these photos. Congrats to the newly weds and to all who made this day – and evening – very special. Love to all.

Ken

• Reply Michelle Simpson 04.11.2011 at 2:41 pm

I love that garter! So awesome!

• Reply Shea Lyn Steger 05.02.2011 at 6:22 pm

Your wedding was beautiful! Rick did a wonderful job and was great to work with. Hope yall didn’t get sick on your honeymoon! I’m much better now. :)