PERSONAL

We all start somewhere.

01.06.2011

The last two days have been torturous. Like my muscles forgot their primary function and are on strike. I kinda imagine my muscle cells holding picket signs and chanting. (I know, I have random thoughts.)

Cent and I restarted P90X on Monday, and I’m super sore. It’s like the muscles I forgot I had are sore. As well as the muscles I had no idea I had.

Yesterday morning, when I attempted to get out of bed, I literally had to roll out until my feet touched the ground, because no amount of pushing myself up was going to happen. My arm simply collapsed. In fact, sleeping was a struggle because my hip flexors were so tender, straightening my legs was pretty much out of the question.

Which got me to thinking that we all start somewhere. We all have to start somewhere. And it’s from that point that can grow.

We train our muscles so they get stronger. We enrich our minds in order to know more. We practice to improve our skills. Or whatever it is we seek.

That’s how it was in school. That’s how it was when I started my photography. That’s how it is with everything.

And without fail, every January I make a half-hearted promise to myself that I will do something about my fitness level. A few months will go by, and I will have fallen off the wagon. Sometime this summer, I let go of all the progress I had made at the beginning of the year and gained any weight that I had lost! ARGH! You’ve heard of the “Freshman 15” in college? Well the Married 20 is real, too!

This year is different. Not to sound cliché, but 2011 is going to be different. And I know that there’s no one to blame, but myself for my actions (or lack of action) and food choices. I’m writing about this on the blog because I need your help, too. I could use your words of encouragement and help keep me accountable, especially on days where I feel like I can’t move a muscle. Not even my eyelids. I’m not turning my blog into a food or workout journal, but I just needed to get it out there. Because we all start somewhere.

I am starting here.

Cowboy boots Dallas Wedding Photographer

BTW these are my cowboy boots, that I LOVE! :)

Contact Dallas wedding photographer Catie Ronquillo

Read the blog of Fort Worth Photographer Catie Ronquillo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply val 01.06.2011 at 4:19 pm

YOU CAN DO IT!! allez! courage! même si on n’a pas envie. moi, faut que je commence aussi…

• Reply Catie 01.06.2011 at 4:21 pm

Thanks Val! My favorite stalker 😉

• Reply Amy Pittsinger 01.06.2011 at 4:31 pm

You can do it Catie!!! I’m in the same boat, so we can encourage each other.

• Reply Karyn 01.06.2011 at 4:44 pm

LOVE the boots!! I know you can do it Catie. The cool thing about time is that each day is a brand new day and a chance to choose to do what you need to do. Yesterday is gone, and even if it was filled with eating an entire bag of skittles, that doesn’t affect my ability to make choices today. I need to keep moving too, and this time it’s not just for my own sake, so I’m ready to cheer for you!!!

• Reply Stephie 01.06.2011 at 4:52 pm

Keep on keepin’ on!

• Reply Kathleen Burkhalter 01.06.2011 at 6:58 pm

I’m with you! This is the year I regain my original Kathleen look. It is not easy, but it is worth it in the health gains. Unfortunately we come from the wrong family for healthy food habits. Look to your Ronquillo side for that. The Burkhalters and Joaquins are not the best models of healthy eating. Except the Burkhalters have a tenacity that can be used for anything. Just load and lock your brain. OK kudos to Uncle Johnny, and Auntie Merci in the old days. Auntie Mimi is doing well and looks fabulous. And, of course…. your dear family in New Beige.

Love,

Auntie K

• Reply izehi 01.07.2011 at 10:44 am

I love reading your blog Catie. This post encouraged me. I can’t wait to see all that 2011 holds for you as you pursue your goals!

• Reply Alison 01.13.2011 at 6:38 am

I have been in that spot. Except I couldn’t see my toes when I was there. And I didn’t have the cute boots. But that was the spot that started change and a year and a half later, I still have a little bit more to do, but at least I can see my toes. I guess my point is- go for it. Give yourself permission to screw up, pick up and keep going because it is so worth it and so is all the stuff you learn on the journey.

Found you through the J & M contest, hope to see you there!

• Reply whitney elizabeth 01.17.2011 at 7:24 pm

you can do it girl!!!! i know you can…i feel something different about 2011 too!

• Reply Terra 01.19.2011 at 10:47 pm

I feel you!!! I just wanted to say how I found something that has been so wonderful for me, weight watchers. I went to a cake party, of all things, and one of the girls there had lost 30lbs following the program. I joined and have lost 12 in 7 weeks. Best part? I eat lasagna regularly!