PERSONAL

Semi Trucks, Painting, and Red Velvet Cake

07.05.2010

I feel like I’ve been hit by a semi truck. No, make that two semi trucks. And a tractor. Why a tractor? I live in Texas, duh. (Not that I’ve actually seen one driving around…this is a big metropolitan city. after all.)

Why?

Well, we’ve been painting. For three days. Straight. Last night we finished up at about 1am, and proclaimed that we didn’t want to paint for a long, long, LONG time. My muscles feel like I did 472 rounds of P90X Plyometrics. Or 1 million push-ups. Or 5 million squats.

We have just a few more finishing touches and I promise to post some photos of our living room and two extra bedrooms, otherwise referred to as Cent’s “Man Cave” and the guest bedroom.

But I also have some breaking news on the Red Velvet cake front. I believe that I’ve found, hands down, the most amazing Red Velvet Cake here in the Dallas Metroplex. It seriously does not compare to any of the other Red Velvet cakes I’ve tried, and I’ve sampled a fare share. Read about them here, here, and here.

Best Red Velvet Cake in Dallas

A couple of weeks ago I met with Enjolik Oree-Bailey, an amazing caterer who specializes in Southern cuisine. Her company, Low Country Quisine, reflects the cooking styles of the coastal counties of South Carolina and Georgia, as well as traditional soul food. During our lunch, she told me that I just had to try her Red Velvet cake, having heard that I have a bit of an obsession. Okay, a huge one.

The next time we saw each other, she brought me a sample of her cake. FOUR big slices. Heaven. Thank you, again, Enjolik!

Best Red Velvet Cake in Dallas

A friend recently asked about the flavor of Red Velvet cake. And up until trying this cake, I didn’t really know how to describe it. Because it’s not chocolate. And it’s not vanilla. My sister likes to say that it’s “Red”. After trying Low Country Quisine‘s Red Velvet Cake, the flavor is (and should be) a smooth, rich, buttermilk-esque taste. Paired with creamy cream cheese frosting, it’s pure delight.

Best Red Velvet Cake in Dallas

Best Red Velvet Cake in Dallas

And no, I did not play any Photoshop tricks to boost the red color, it was actually that red.

So if you’re on the hunt for some legit, down home, low country, melt in your mouth amazingness that is the Red Velvet Cake, look no further. Contact Low Country Quisine. Seriously. You can thank me later.

Happy Monday!

Low Country Quisine
info@lowcountryquisine.com
www.lowcountryquisine.com
Phone: 214.223.7433

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Mercedes 07.05.2010 at 2:46 pm

WOW! GREAT SHOTS CATIE. I want some that Red!

• Reply Kathleen 07.06.2010 at 8:49 am

I think it’s great that both you and Cent have Low Country cooking in your blood. I think its the best food in the world except I can’t eat it anymore. :)

• Reply Enjolik 07.07.2010 at 10:10 am

Wow! We sure are glad you loved our cake!!!! Guess you’ll get a few more pieces after the shoot next week,LOL.

• Reply Colena 07.07.2010 at 11:04 am

I have had LCQ’s red velvet cake and cupcakes,I for one will only eat cakes, cupcakes, pies,etc.,from LCQ. As a matter of fact Enjolik’s (LCQ) entire menu is to die for.

• Reply Tracy Smalls 07.07.2010 at 11:38 am

I am really proud of you. Continue to utilize your gift!!

• Reply Irene 07.08.2010 at 12:10 pm

Enjolik, I am a cake lover and those pictures are causing some serious cravings. If you figure out a way to get your cakes to Atlanta, I will definitely be a customer.

• Reply Connie 12.07.2011 at 10:07 am

Hi Catie,

I am new to Texas, by way of Michigan, and have only been here less than two months. When I left Michigan, I left behind the best red velvet cake I have had to date from a local bakery in Detroit.

Well since I’m now in Plano (NW Dallas), I am in dire need of finding a red velvet cake that hopefully will match (or surpass) my expectations. After doing an online search where I could get red velvet cake in Dallas, I stumbled onto your blog regarding Low Cuisine serving up perhaps the best red velvet cake. Your description and the pics looked awesome and had my mouth watering so I will be ordering a cake from Low Cuisine for an upcoming Christmas party I will be attending. And when you said Low Cuisine specializes in southern cuisine, that only confirmed that I must order red velvet cake from Low Cuisine especially since Low Cuisine specializes in southern cuisine as red velvet cake is truly a southern-inspired cake.

Thanks for posting.

There was an exceptional bakery back home called The Cake Lady and she had the best red velvet cake I had ever had (actually hers was the first red velvel cake I ever had and have tried others since with no comparison). I was thinking about red velvet cake the other day for a Christmas Party I am attending and I’m gonna