Something Old. Something New. Something Borrowed. Something Blue.
Today, I’m talking about your something blue. I’m a big fan of the color blue, if you couldn’t tell. And I like how brides carry out this tradition in fun and different ways. Personally, I had a blue and brown garter, our colors were a shade of pool blue, and our wedding cake was blue. We worked the color.
Here are some great ideas for how to incorporate your “Something Blue” into your wedding day.
1. Rings. I found this gorgeous blue topaz ring on Etsy.Blue Topaz Ring by Mastergoldcraft
2. Big Flowers. I was surfing the web for all things French inspired and found this Etsy shop called A la Parisienne (in the Parisian way). This brooch would be great to add on a dress or clutch.Beach Ballad Brooch by A la Parisienne
3. Necklaces. I love the jewelry by Marlo Noel, also on Etsy. It’s just simple and stunning.Anna V Necklace
4. Garters. My Twitter friend Julianne Smith makes the most amazing garters, and she is The Garter Girl. She recently relaunched her shop. Check it out!style 250
5. Fascinators or Headbands. These get more popular every day and my friend Lisa Raser of Ink and Button makes them all by hand! And stay tuned, I’ll be hosting a giveaway for one of these sweet hair accoutrements!The Merryweather Headband
6. Shoes. Colored shoes make a statement! And photographers love them. LOVE. I know I do! Add some color to your wedding through bright, colorful shoes.
Blue Christian Louboutins (found here)
7. Ties. Don’t forget the guys! Who said the “Something Blue” had to come from the bride? Why not deck out the groom and his men with some killer ties?
And these are just a few of the ideas that I could think of while blogging today. With the Internet, the options are almost limitless!
Powered by Facebook Comments