Now that we’re not dating anymore, but married, it can sometimes be a challenge to think of something to do for our date night that goes beyond “dinner and a movie”. But let me just say that we love movies and we love eating, so it suits us quite well.
However, it’s fun to mix it up with different kinds of date nights. Because sometimes when you go to the movies, annoying teenagers decide to movie hop and talk at full volume. DURING the movie.
So I thought that I’d share some of the date nights that we have had that are outside the dinner and a movie box.
- Dave & Buster’s: I like Dave & Buster’s for the air hockey. And the tickets. Oh and you can totally suck at video games, but it doesn’t matter. And when I can get more baskets in than Cent (doesn’t happen very often), it’s a small victory.
- Miniature Golf: Our first game of mini golf together was actually during our engagement photos. We had a great time and it’s in these types of situations that you can see your mate’s true competitive spirit. I’ll gladly say that I won that round. And I got a hole in one. Twice.
- Musical or Play: When Cent came to visit me in California for the first time and met my family, we went to see The Lion King on stage. Then when we celebrated our two year anniversary, we went to see The Lion King again at Music Hall at Fair Park.
- Comedy Show: Who doesn’t enjoy laughing? Especially when you can avoid getting singled out in a crowd by a stand up comedian. Cent and I went to a stand-up comedy show of local comedians and it was a good time.
- Aquarium: Since we dated long-distance for about three years, we only saw each other every 8 to 10 weeks (long stretches stink!), so when we finally did see each other, our dates tended to be kicked up a notch. For our first anniversary, Cent took me to the Dallas World Aquarium to see the penguins. Because I have a fascination with penguins.
What are you date night ideas?
Dave & Busters
8021 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, TX 75231
Speedzone (for miniature golf and go kart racing)
11130 Malibu Drive
Dallas, TX 75229-4403
Dallas Summer Musicals Box Office
542 Preston Royal Shopping Center
Dallas, TX 75230
Call: Phone: 214-691-7200
Hours: Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m | Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
PHONE Orders : 214.631.ARTS (2787)
at the Doubletree Hotel
8250 N Central Expressway
(aka Highway 75)
Dallas, TX 75206 – 214.328.4444
Dallas World Aquarium
1801 N Griffin St
Dallas, TX 75202
Hours: Open 9:00 am until 5:00 pm daily (closed Thanksgiving & Christmas)
Powered by Facebook Comments