Inspired by the awesome Bianca Juarez, who wrote a post on “five things I love but don’t want to“, I felt the opportunity to share my own list. When I thought about it though, I didn’t want to straight up copy her way of writing the list. In fact, her post was inspired by Promise Tangeman who writes a “fives things I love each season”. Bianca wrote, “when non-cool kids try to be cool, it somehow ends up flat. So, I’m embracing Nerdom and creating my own version of “five things.” So I’m gonna make up my own twist to her twist.
If you haven’t discovered Bianca’s blog, you should. I discovered her writing through her sister who I also find to be a huge source of inspiration. Her twin sister. She just so happens to be twins with Jasmine Star… how cool is it to garner inspiration from fabulously talented sisters?!
Without further ado, my list of Five Things I Don’t Love, but Want to:
- Vegetables. Seriously, I wish I loved veggies, but I totally don’t. Or at least not yet. Growing up, vegetables were kind of hit or miss. Now as an adult, I see that my mom and grandmother don’t care so much for vegetables and it’s been handed down. However, I did roast some broccoli on Monday and it was quite tasty…except for the burnt tops. Oops.
- Running. I really wish I loved to run. I’m currently on a self-inflicted course of the Couch to 5k plan. While it eases you into the whole running thing with intervals, the longer the intervals become, the more it becomes like real running. And I don’t like it. If I liked it, it wouldn’t feel like torture. I want to like it, but it doesn’t look like running and I will be BFFs any time soon.
- Cooking. Like I’ve said before, my sister is the one who inherited all the cooking genes. She’s a whiz in the kitchen and I’m all thumbs. But now that I’m like grown up and married and stuff, cooking is kind of important especially if I want to eat. And that’s something I do love, EATING. Slowly but surely, I’m learning to cook. I don’t love it yet though.
- Mornings. I’m definitely not a morning person. I can stay up until the wee hours of the night without a problem, but ask me to roll out of bed before the sun wakes up is just plain mean. I’ve been conditioning myself to get up earlier in the morning so that I don’t waste the day, but it’s hard! Especially when I feel most awake later in the day.
- Drying Dishes. I know it may sound strange, but I would much rather wash dishes than dry them. Why? I don’t have any reasonable answer. Maybe it’s the damp feeling of the dishtowel. Or maybe I like getting sudsy with the Dawn soap? Beats me. But I don’t like drying dishes, and maybe if I did, there’d be more equilibrium in our home of dish washing and drying…
So here are some things that I’m working on liking. Day by day.
And because blog posts are more entertaining with a photo, here’s one from our honeymoon in Kauai, taken while driving in a convertible. So pretty!
Powered by Facebook Comments