PERSONAL

Our Invitations| Do It Yourself | Part 2 | One Month to Go!

06.18.2009

Time passes in a flash.

Seriously.

Today marks the one month mark from our wedding. Considering that Cent popped the question on March 1, 2008, the momentous occasion has been a long time coming. I kind of can’t believe that it’s almost here, but it is! I picked up my dress last week from the alterations lady, all the invitations have been sent out and the last of the RSVPs are trickling in, and work has started on the escort cards. Yeeeeeeeee! So exciting. Lots to do, but each and every little step makes it more real.

Here are the insides of the invitations.

The invitation section was printed using an InkJet printer on Stardream Metallic paper – Champagne color – from Paper and More. I learned this trick from a lady at Paper Source that if you print on Stardream Metallic paper using an InkJet printer, it won’t dry. That’s when I got the idea to emboss!

Wedding_Invites-6

After feeding each sheet of paper into the printer, my sister and I sprinkled clear embossing powder and shot it with a heat gun. Voila raised lettering!

Wedding_Invites-7

I was so excited to find a way to get raised lettering without going the letterpress or engraving route. Plus I wanted to do these invitations myself. It worked!

Wedding_Invites-8

Wedding_Invites-9

Finally the inserts. These were printed on Champagne colored Stardream Metallic Cardstock from Paper and More using a color laser printer.

To save paper, I printed front and back. That’s right I painstakingly stood in front of the printer to feed each side.

Wedding_Invites-10

Wedding_Invites-11

Here’s the reception card, single-sided, as well as the RSVP card. I drew the little icons in Illustrator. My icon for chicken? A drumstick, love it!

Wedding_Invites-12

I’m really pleased with how these turned out. It was totally worth the self-inflicted sweatshop! Thanks to my sister, Stephanie, for all her help!

All these photos were taken using my trusty point & shoot camera.

Happy Thursday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

• Reply Melinda Bunker 06.19.2009 at 12:50 pm

Catie,

These are so beautiful! Nice job! So excited for you!!

Melinda :)

• Reply sara 06.19.2009 at 1:02 pm

Catie, you are amazing. Really, those are unreal! And made with so much love, it’s clear!!! I can tell that you had a vision and you made it work – and the result is stunning. I’m so excited for you!!!!

• Reply fionna 06.19.2009 at 1:04 pm

yay 😀
    is there significance to the flower that you use? just curious, i dont think i ever asked, hehe.

• Reply Catie 06.20.2009 at 4:41 pm

Fionna: kind of. i drew it in illustrator and wanted something that looked like a gardenia to represent cent and the south :)

• Reply Kate 06.19.2009 at 1:23 pm

these are AMAZING. love the embossed look.

• Reply Jen 06.19.2009 at 3:47 pm

I’m so amused by the fish, chicken, and veggie symbols. When i saw it i took a picture with my phone and sent it to raj so he can see. i’m so excited to see you again!

• Reply Lydia 06.20.2009 at 8:04 pm

Wow, these are incredible! I can’t wait to see pictures of all the details from your wedding!

• Reply Daniel Galang Photography 06.22.2009 at 11:40 pm

Homegirl – I am so excited for you.. foreal – the invitations are seriously amazing.. like seriously.. we are soo sorry that we can’t make it! But, we send our love and prayers! We love you Catie! You sooooooooo rock!

• Reply honeymyheart 06.29.2009 at 2:36 pm

your invites turned out great! love the flowers and embossing details!!

• Reply Melissa 09.16.2009 at 4:21 pm

Hi!

I love your invitations! Can you tell me what kind of heating gun you used to set the embossing? Was there anything else to it – just print on the ink jet, sprinkle with embossing powder and then heat?

Thanks!
    – melissa

• Reply Arnecia 02.03.2010 at 9:48 pm

OMG, I LOVE YOUR EMBOSSING. Did you just wave the glue gun over the lettering? or is there more to your technique? I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Catie 02.04.2010 at 9:07 am

Hi Arnecia!

Thanks for the compliments!

Actually, the embossing was done by using an inkjet printer on Stardream Metallic paper. When you print with an inkjet printer on that kind of paper it doesn’t dry right away. I used clear embossing powder and then used the heat gun to raise the embossing.

I ordered my paper from http://www.paperandmore.com

Hope that helps!
      Catie

• Reply Juana 09.29.2010 at 6:15 am

I almost cried with joy when i found this website thanx for the idea!!

• Reply Anna 01.25.2011 at 5:57 pm

Your invites looked great! I was also looking into doing embossing using an inkjet and came across your page through google. What inkjet printer did you use? Thanks!

• Reply ALEJANDRA BUITRAGO 08.31.2011 at 2:30 pm

NICE!! WHAT KIND OF POWDER DID YOU USE? REGULAR OR SUPERFINE????

• Reply ALEJANDRA 09.01.2011 at 5:10 am

REALLY NICEEEE… I LOVE YOUR EMBOSSING, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND OF POWDER DID YOU USE? IS IT SUPERFINE EMBOSSING POWDER OR REGULAR ONE? THANKS!