Since the whole “Web 2.0” craze has caught on and spread like wildfire, I don’t know what my life would look like without it. Yes, I’m from that generation. The generation that needs immediate gratification, the ability to comment and share at the click of a button, and has this insatiable desire to publish daily life on their blog. The generation that lives on Facebook, uses Twitter to spread viral content, has a constant grip on their iPhone or Blackberry, and doesn’t know how not to be connected.
You know what? I’m okay with that.
For the record, I don’t have an iPhone…yet.
Blogging has been an essential part of getting this show on the road. I’ve seen the blogosphere explode, especially with respect to growing a business. Since planning our wedding, I’ve turned into a blogaholic. My Google Reader is literally bursting at the seams if I don’t attend to it a couple of times a day. I read blogs on wedding inspiration, wedding planning, wedding cakes (remember my love for cake?!), and of course wedding photography. In fact, it was in the midst of reading a wedding photographer’s blog that I found it in myself to take this leap of faith.
Last year, I think it was in May, I sat at the kitchen table scouring wedding planning blogs and I stumbled upon her blog. I read an entry and I was intrigued. I perused a couple more entries and I was hooked. Then I did something I don’t normally do; I went back to the very first entry and read her blog from Day 1. I traced her journey and I was moved. So thank you, for putting yourself on the line. Thank you for being so real. Thanks for connecting with your readers, idiosyncrasies and all. Thank you Jasmine Star.
There’s just so much that you can share through a blog that, in my opinion, cannot be conveyed as succinctly through a website. A website is a must, but a blog is it’s partner in crime. That’s why I chose to launch my blog while I work on my website (and it’s going to launch this summer! hollllla!) See, I will read a blog first before I check out a website – especially when it’s wedding related. For me, I want to see the most current information, and then if they’ve hooked me, I’ll go hunting for the website. At least that’s how I roll.
With that, here are a few of my favorite, non-wedding related blogs:
- Hostess with the Mostess – Someday I want to entertain in style and employ ALL of these ideas…well a lot of them anyway.
- Simply Recipes – I’m no cook. But I do want to learn. Looking forward to my first “from scratch” lesson from Beth.
- Elizabeth Anne Designs: Living – They started as a wedding planning resource and have expanded with a Living section, awesome!
- Decor8 – I just love the look of this blog…the design is so rad! And the content isn’t too shabby either.
- Notes from the Road – A travelogue with beautiful photos, a win-win situation!
- Dooce – All around good time.
- Sew, Mama, Sew! – You know how I don’t cook? I don’t sew either. But I’m intrigued by crafty goods.
What blogs do you frequent?
Powered by Facebook Comments